Paul takes the next few verses to remind the church in Colossae of the contrast they should see. As a follower of Christ we now have the power to act, through the Holy Spirit, on what is right and wrong. As he says in other places, we are no longer slaves to sin.
Leave a Reply.
Steps for Study
1) What does the text say?
2) What questions do I have about the text?
1) What does the text mean?
2) What does the context reveal?
1) What does the text reveal about God?
2) What does the text reveal about Jesus?
1) Does this text apply to me?
2) How should this impact the way I live?
Points for Prayer
Praising God for who He is and what He has done.
Acknowledging and naming our specific sins, and inviting God to help identify areas where we need to grow.
Thanking God for what we have and what He has done for us.
Asking God for what we desire, recognizing that if it is not His desire the answer will be “no”
Praying for the people around you, i.e. family, friends, teachers, government leaders, etc.